RE: [cpx] www or not www that is the question... but not the only one ;)

Scott wrote
>>Since the VPS v2 release, this setup has been discouraged (vaddhost
encourages /usr/home/<USER>/www/domain.tld, documentation was changed,
etc.).<<<

It took a while but once I got my brain around the VPS2 virtual hosting
scheme is make excellent sense.  The *only* thing I have a problem with is
the domain.tld bit of this.

I am fixing this on all our servers to make the directory

/usr/home/<USER>/www/htdocs

So that the directory tree under www is the same to every server - and
incidentally the same as under vhosts/<USER> and our in-house test system.
I am sure you can see why this is useful to a programmer.

Scott - is this a bad thing to do?  Why domain.tld??

Bob
Bob Browning  020 8400 6115   bob@xxxxxxxxxx
Textor Webmasters Ltd  http://www.textor.com