Re: [cpx] Installed CPX, Spamassassin and ClamAV not working

On Sun, Jan 02, 2005 at 01:19:37PM -0600, Jerry Gapinski - Acuity Creative wrote:
> Hello
>
> I installed CPX last week, since then Spamassassin, ClamAV and (I believe)
> procmail have stopped working. I had a problem with Perl, that this list and
> support helped with. Basically, support reverted to an older version of Perl
> to solve that problem. Now CPX doesn?t work.
>
> I have two support tickets in with no response.
>
> Any ideas where to start? I really need procmail, Spamassassin and ClamAV
> working this week.

First, Perl 5.8.4 (at least) must be installed for the control panel
to work at all. If you had some kind of custom setup for your SA and
clamav (the varies from the vinstall), there's not much CPX can do.
If you've changed your Perl (and still want CPX to run), you need to
type 'vinstall perl5.8.4' at your shell prompt. If you don't want
5.8.4 as your "default" Perl, that's ok--just delete
/usr/local/bin/perl and link it to the version you want:

    # rm /usr/local/bin/perl
    # ln /usr/local/bin/perl5.6.1 /usr/local/bin/perl

CPX should still work as long as /usr/local/bin/perl5.8.4 exists.

Next, you can try removing your SA and clamav installations (not the
user's files, but the binaries like /usr/local/bin/spamassassin and
/usr/local/bin/clamscan) and try installing cpx again. The uninstall
should be done carefully, of course, using pkg_delete (e.g., run
"pkg_info" and notice what SA and clamav are installed as (something
like clamav-0.80-1), then run "pkg_delete <package>" where <package>
is the exact name of the package insatlled in pkg_info).  CPX should
give you a new installation of those packages that will be compatible
with CPX.

<scott@xxxxxxxxxxxx>