Re: [cpx] Question regarding customizations

On Thu, Dec 23, 2004 at 01:20:05PM -0800, Andromeda wrote:
> Suppose we go ahead and make some custom changes to the CPX control
> panel (like getting rid of the copyright tag and changing it so we
> can use "mycontrolpanel.domain.com" instead of
> "doman.com/ControlPanel") and modifying a graphic or two....
>
> Then later, when these features are available and offered directly
> from the CPX control panel itself... would it be easy at that time to
> reinstall the updated CPX and redo the customizations?   What
> problems (if any) do you foresee if we went this route?

No; you'll always have to follow the instructions I posted (until an
officially supported method is available).  Re-installing does not add
any new files, it only installs dependencies.

If you change the strings files (as I posted before), the only way to
put them back is to remove them and relink them or merge in the
differences yourself (all that was described here, under "Reverting
to the Original State": http://groupmail.org/lists/cpx/msg00110.html).

scottw@xxxxxxxxxxxx