Re: [cpx] Removing catchall virtmap

I agree these are good reasons. I've submitted an Enhancement Request to make domain catchalls optional so we can consider this for a future release. Below are some ideas that might help you in the mean time.

First, I have a number of VPSs that are single customer servers. These customers have multiple domains and *want* all email addresses to work in all domains. E.g., if I define sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx and also add the domain hensteeth.net to the VPS, I want sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx to work.

One thing you can do is setup all the addresses as virtmaps for one domain (hens-teeth.net for example). Then for the other domains that should have the exact same addresses, create the following special virtmaps:

@hensteeth.net                        %1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
@hens-teeth.com                       %1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
@hensteeth.com                        %1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
@hens-teeth.org                       %1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
@hensteeth.org                        %1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The %1@DOMAIN target signifies to route the email to the same user on DOMAIN. This will allow the users to accept email at all the above domains without having to actually define the same virtmaps on all the domains.

Second, I have a number of VPSs that are used to run Mailman which creates 10 email aliases per mailing list. One of my clients actually runs >400 mailing lists! Clearly, he doesn't want to manually maintain virtmaps, too.

I can't see any easy way around this. Certainly allowing CPX to function without a catchall would be the easiest solution.

Jared Betteridge