[cpx] How to Post to this List

Friends,

useful and relevant, I ask only one teensy bit of Netiquette: When you
want to start a new topic of discussion on the list, DON'T reply to
an existing message and change the subject.  Create a "New Message"
in your email client (with whatever subject you want).

By hitting "Reply" and simply changing the subject, most good mail
clients think you're actually replying to an existing thread (even if
you change the subject) and still include all the "References" headers
and "In-Reply-To" headers meant to track discussion topics (by design).

My mail archiver (mhonarc) uses these headers (again, this is why mail
clients add these headers) to track discussion topics, not the Subject
line. Creating a new message will have none of these existing headers
and will truly start a new discussion topic and keep the list archives
self-organized.

Danke,

scottw@xxxxxxxxxxxx