[cpx] cpx - creates .imap folders in the /www/domain.com directory. = BAD

This is just a heads up...

Had a client today who has squirrelcart installed on a freebsd v3 mps.

They had logged into cpx as the domain administrator.   They clicked
on the Mail tab at the top.  Then they clicked on the Folder List.

viola... this parsed every file in the /www/domain.com folder and
created .imap folders in every directory and ... it created thousands
of individual directories all named the same as the files in the
respective directories... grief.  Trust me, if this were a vps3
viaverio would have sent me a cpu hog notice!  Because it was an mps
it handled it fairly good.

Because the squirrellcart parses certain directories for images and
such and the .imap folders did not have permissions that were
readable, it instantly took their cart off line with multiple visible
php errors.

After I removed all the .imap folders it fixed the cart.

Is this a cart problem?   No.  This is a cpx problem.  It should not
allow mail folders in the /www directory "at all".

I explained to my client what happened and how they can prevent this
in the future.  But really...  cpx needs to be idiot proofed.  If a
client can click on it.. "they will".

Heads up!

James

--