Re: [cpx] new cpx and traduction files

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 11:04:30AM +0200, ADNET Ghislain wrote:

> Subject: [cpx] new cpx and traduction files
>
> hi,
>
> i dont know for you but the last version completly broke the cpx with
> my traducted files. I added the phrases that were lacking in the various
> string files. I checked them with an xml compare tool and it says that
> they match 100% (apart from the traducted text of course) but still the
> CPX fail to add any user or domain admin (it simply do not save the
> changes).
>
> Anyone has some issue i guess we are not many to traduct the cpx ?
>
> --
> Cordialement,
> Ghislain

Ghislain,

I was able to add a new user using a stock 1.6.1 production install
of CPX just now on a VPSv2 account.

If you have modified files in the /usr/local/cp tree, then it may be
possible that new versions of files in that tree will not be applied
when a system-wide "relink" is done.  This can cause some files to
be updated while others are not and create instability problems that
would only be peculiar to your account.

To fix this, try the following:

  1) Save the changes you have made to the CPX files in the
     /usr/local/cp tree somewhere (like in /tmp or in your own
     CVS repository).

  2) Run this command:

       rm -rf /usr/local/cp; relink /usr/local/cp

  3) Restore your changes to /usr/local/cp

  4) Restart apache:

       restart_apache

  5) Restart vsapd,

      on VPSv2 and VPSv3:

	 /usr/local/etc/rc.d/vsapd restart

      on VPS-Linux:

	 /etc/rc.d/init.d/vsapd restart

If that doesn't work, then repeat the above and omit Step 3.

hth.

cheers.

--rus.

Rus Berrett                                                    NTT/Verio
                 See Perl. See Perl Run. Run Perl, Run!