Re: [cpx] documentation and customizing

On Sat, Feb 09, 2008 at 10:15:39AM -0600, Rae wrote:

> Subject: [cpx] documentation and customizing
>
> Where is the documentation on how to re-brand and customize CPX? The
> docs on the viaVerio site are not only outdated now that the new
> version has been implemented, but also contain no information on
> branding. The Branding Interface in the Backroom has branding
> management for the Signature accounts but not CPX. Here are a couple
> things that I am trying to change:
>
> 1. On one account I am using CPX as a mail server for end users so
> the use of "ControlPanel" in the URL needs to be changed to something
> more compatible for visibility to end users, e.g. "MyAccount".

Rae,

The string "ControlPanel" is used somewhat pervasively in the
templates files.  For example, see templates/default/global.xsl:

  <xsl:variable name="base_url">/ControlPanel</xsl:variable>

It would be difficult to change this.

> 2. I've found that the CPX template is located at
> /usr/local/cp/templates/default
> How can we implement our own template to be used by the system?

The best way to "re-skin" CPX would be by rolling your own css file.

cheers.

--rus.

> Best wishes,
> Rae

Rus Berrett                                                    NTT/Verio
                 See Perl. See Perl Run. Run Perl, Run!