Re: [cpx] VSAP Parse error:

At 08:56 PM 02/18/2008, AlpineWeb wrote:
Hello Bill,

Talk about irony. [...]

In my case, I think it was due to an heavily overloaded server, and if CPX doesn't get a response back in a minute, it dies with that error...

The server I was on would sometimes slow down.... to put it mildly...

the "quit" command in mysql would never exit. an "ll" command would never list the contents of the directly... after five minutes or more...

Support said that one of my "neighbors" on the VPS was doing a lot of disk I/O. Well, I guess yet again, the fair share scheduling isn't very fair... because I got zero time best I could tell... They would shoot this thing on the other VPS, and I would be OK for awhile.

After my fourth call to support today, I just terminated the VPS3 I had gotten.... They said I could request to have my account moved to another physical machine, but I would have to write up a letter of justification, they would have to review it, etc. I said sounds like I'd be lucky to have it done tomorrow...

So, I figured I'd just terminate the account, and loose all my setup work today (another story) and get another in the back room. Well, terminating was easy.... getting another was a little harder...

ERROR getting an IP Not enough ips to match quantity get_ip failed

So now I sit with no VPS3... My account manager is going to get an earful tomorrow! Well, I know the IP I had was available, unless it didn't understand how to recycle it that quickly, and/or didn't for some reason. I have gotten good at trying to order VPS3's however, if anyone needs some help!

Bill