RE: [cpx] dovecote

I have converted my personal email accounts to use Dovecot with maildir.
I have had no major unexpected problems since installing it. One thing
to note is that if you have really large email boxes or IMAP folders,
they will take some time to convert to maildir (possibly hours, if you
have several GB).

Of course, there are a lot of considerations when moving to Dovecot,
since the vinstall converts the email format to maildir which stores
emails in individual files per email instead of 1 file per email account
or IMAP folder (as with the mbox format). Certain webmail programs, such
as iManager and Open Webmail, do not currently support the maildir.
Command-line email readers like mutt or Pine will need configuration
changes to work correctly with maildir. Any Procmail recipes or cron
jobs that directly manipulate mail files or folders will need to be
updated to correctly interface with maildir.

I believe if SpamAssassin and ClamAV were installed as part of a CPX
installation, you should not have to reinstall them. The Dovecot
vinstall should convert the CPX Procmail recipes and other related
settings for SpamAssassin and ClamAV for you.

One cool thing that I discovered about Dovecot is that it allows
multiple simultaneous connections to the same user through either POP or
IMAP, which is kinda cool.

Performance has increased dramatically since installing Dovecot and
converting to maildir.

Brad