From: owner-cpx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-cpx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Scott Flinders
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2007 12:19 PM
To: cpx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [cpx] Mail System Administrator

Hello all,

Let me start with a quick introduction. I am a fairly new product manager at
Verio, and, among my responsibilities, is the CPX control panel. Based on
feedback from customers, we are currently working on a project to improve
and streamline the VPS and MPS mail system. I have spoken with many
customers already about what they like and dislike in the current system.
I'd also like to reach out to this list and get your feedback.

The main suggestions I've heard so far regarding the mail system are

 - improve performance of the mail system
 - allow end users to go directly to the webmail client without requiring
them to go through CPX
 - improve/replace the current webmail client to make it more feature rich
and improve the user experience
 - allow the primary VPS or MPS admin to delegate administration of the mail
system (per domain) to another user (i.e., create a "mail system
administrator")

We are addressing all of these issues, but the last one in particular has
brought up some good questions as we seek an appropriate design. If any of
you on this list are among those that would like to delegate administration
of the mail system to another user, please tell me if you would want the
user with mail system administration rights to be able to

 - add users? (If so, should they only be able to add them as email users,
or should they be able to manage all user attributes such as ftp access
rights, overall disk quota (as opposed to mailbox quota only), etc.?)
 - authenticate to any user mailbox (without knowing or modifying the user's
password)?
 - change users' passwords?
 - configure SpamAssassin and ClamAV settings?
 - manage virtmaps?
 - manage "catchalls" (wildcard mappings)?
 - manage aliases?
 - manage server-level autoresponders?
 - adjust MX, TTL settings?

I appreciate your feedback.