RE: [cpx] CPX wish list

> It look slike VERIO is totally against this option, because it
> facilitates multiple clients on one VPS, which VERIO does not want.

        That's an interesting comment because to me the entire point of
CPX is to facilitate multiple clients/domains on the same server.

Hi Steve,

Yes I agree.

CPX allows a us to install multiple sub-admins that can administer e-mail accounts for their subhosted domain. However it looks like Verio's aim is that these sub-admins all work for one client, that owns the whole VPS... and therfore knows that info is allready taken.... We don't feel like explaining 50 times a day why the client can't use the user name info for his info@ account, so we are still forced to use with iManager Pro (Thanks Mark for your patience and support!!).

We have suggested the user name prefix issue so often to Verio (and I know this request has been submitted by others too), but it seems that Verio is too impolite to tell us that they are not bothered to actually implement this fairly simple request, which naturally helps us help Verio. Honestly, it can't be that hard to join a default prefix string to each username a sub-admin submits in a add/modify user form....

We have quite a collection of VPS accounts setup purely for subhosted accounts, which belong to approx 20 different clients on each VPS server. As iManager's e-mail functionality is getting way outdated, we are now considering moving ALL our subhosted accounts away from Verio. I would rather keep them @ Verio.... with a user name prefix enabled CPX.

Finally,

Remeber Verio sells signature accounts. Maybe they are afraid that the user name prefix option could 'harm' this product.

Kind regards,

Fred Bloggs

 - Steve Yates
 - ITS, Inc.
 - Shopping tip:  Shoes are $2 at bowling alleys.