Re: [cpx] CPX Error for one user

On Wed, Sep 27, 2006 at 12:41:44PM -0600, Jonathan Duncan wrote:

> Subject: [cpx] CPX Error for one user
>
> Their Apache error log showed these lines:

> [Wed Sep 27 11:35:30 2006] [error] Usage:
> XML::LibXML::Element::appendTextChild(self, strname,
> strcontent=&PL_sv_undef, nsURI=&PL_sv_undef) at
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.4/ControlPanel.pm line 324.\n

Jonathan,

line 324 is where cookies are added to the DOM.  cookies are specific to
one computer.  perhaps your customer has a corrupt cookie (probably set
by something other than CPX) for his domain name?  have him clear his
cookies on the offending computer and then try to login again.

hth.

--rus.

> I had multiple people try to reproduce it in different states and none of
> them could reproduce the problem.  I had the client try a different
> computer in his house and it worked fine.  So the problem was apparently
> something that his computer is doing to the server.  I am assuming that he
> is using Internet Explorer, but I did not verify that.
>
> I just wanted to turn in the information so that the dev team could be
> aware of it.  Also, if anyone else has seen this issue, I would love to
> hear it.
>

> Thanks,
> Jonathan
> This is <cpx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>      <http://www.groupmail.org/lists/cpx/>
> Before posting a question, please search the archives (see above URL).

Rus Berrett                                                    NTT/Verio
                 See Perl. See Perl Run. Run Perl, Run!