Re: [cpx] spamd connection refused

Rus Berrett wrote:
spamc[11333]: connect(AF_UNIX) to spamd /var/run/spamd.sock failed: Connection refused

I saw a post in the archives about SA _and_ ClamAV failing on someone's install (ClamAV works fine here), but am unfamiliar with umask (he 'set the umask back to default of 22') and do not know if that's even the issue/solution.

SpamAssassin on one of my personal VPS2's stopped yesterday for no reason; same failure message.
I restarted SpamAssassin and it cleared up the problem.

Thanks for the tip. Did that. My problem remains, though.

The 'connection refused' messages start showing up in the mail logs (for all users) *immediately* after installing CPX - not yesterday - but a couple of days ago.

Could this be some kind of permissions problem?

lr