Re: [cpx] spamd connection refused

On Thu, Sep 21, 2006 at 03:42:21PM -0400, L. Robinson wrote:

> Subject: [cpx] spamd connection refused
>
> One more issue with a new CPX install on an old VPS2 (please bear with
> me) is that my users are now flooded with junk mail: Spamassassin isn't
> working.
>
> spamc[11333]: connect(AF_UNIX) to spamd /var/run/spamd.sock failed:
> Connection refused
>
> I saw a post in the archives about SA _and_ ClamAV failing on someone's
> install (ClamAV works fine here), but am unfamiliar with umask (he 'set
> the umask back to default of 22') and do not know if that's even the
> issue/solution.
>
> Ring any bells for anyone that might know what's up off the top? Your
> assistance is most appreciated.
>
> lr

SpamAssassin on one of my personal VPS2's stopped yesterday for no
reason; same failure message.  I don't have CPX installed on that
account, so my presumption is that the failure is not CPX-related.
I'd bet CPX was probably not to blame for your failure as well.

I restarted SpamAssassin and it cleared up the problem.

hth.

--rus.

Rus Berrett                                                    NTT/Verio
                 See Perl. See Perl Run. Run Perl, Run!