RE: [cpx] CPX and vsapd

Thanks, Steve

I need to decide soon whether to go cpx or stay with imanager for some upcoming projects. I saw the flood of bug reports after initial release and ongoing complaints about speed, but these have died down to a trickle, so maybe it is time to go CPX?

Andy

At 02:06 PM 9/21/2006 -0500, you wrote:

Andy McKell <> wrote on Thursday, September 21, 2006 1:41 PM:

> As someone still holding back from cpx - you say "it has gotten
faster".
> Can you describe how fast is that?

        I don't have that weekly notice from ViaVerio any more,
sorry...it was in there as I recall.  The list archive index seems to
have stopped indexing in January.  From memory I believe various things
(listing users, listing domains, etc.) were around 20% to 300% or so
faster.  Perhaps someone else has the original notification.  As I
recall there was a big jump in server responsiveness when the extra 2 GB
of RAM was added some time back, but CPX itself has been updated as well
since then.

 - Steve Yates
 - ITS, Inc.
 - Recursion (n):  see Recursion.

~ Taglines by Taglinator - www.srtware.com ~

FOCUS Internet Services
Domains, Design, Hosting, Custom Applications, E-Commerce
106 rue de Mersch, L-8181 KOPSTAL, Luxembourg
tel. (+352) 305 197
fax (+352) 305 188
Skype : mckell-focus
www.focus.lu