RE: [cpx] Can I get CPX to add a mail server?

On Wed, 9 Aug 2006, Steve Yates wrote:

	I think you're missing my point.  The MX record is not relevant
as long as it's pointing to the right server.  Your example error
message specifically was for an e-mail address not hosted on your server
(user@domain, not user@xxxxxxxxxx).

Steve, thank you for the wake up call.

I double checked what you said and realized that you are absolutely correct.

To test this theory I went back into the local-host-names file and took out "mail.domain.org" and did a "make restart". Then I sent a couple of test messages to the address at that domain that initially had the problem. No bounce, no error, the messages showed up in the users account immediately.

So, this now brings me back to what I had originally intended to post. I was going to say that it appears that CPX is not restarting sendmail after I add a domain to the server. I actually tested that theory by restarting sendmail manually and sending a test message. No bounce but too quickly I decided to try adding the "mail.domain.org" and restarting sendmail and then noticed there was not error.

I had made the assumption that the problem could not possibly be with CPX. However, I am now looking back to that.

Does CPX not restart sendmail after a domain is added? Is that a feature or a bug? I notice that in the extra tools section there is an option to restart sendmail. Do I need to do that after adding a domain in CPX?

Thanks for the help Steve and Uwe.

Jonathan