RE: [cpx] Can I get CPX to add a mail server?

Jonathan Duncan <> wrote on Wednesday, August 09, 2006 5:50 PM:

>> 	Then if the error message was not a typo I would suggest it is
>> correct - mail for "user@domain" should not be destined for this
server.
>> The MX hostname should not be in the local-host-names file unless
mail
>> is to be received for that domain, e.g. "user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx".
>>
> My MX DNS entry is like this:

Hi Jonathan,

	I think you're missing my point.  The MX record is not relevant
as long as it's pointing to the right server.  Your example error
message specifically was for an e-mail address not hosted on your server
(user@domain, not user@xxxxxxxxxx).

 - Steve Yates
 - ITS, Inc.
 - Never hire an electrician whose eyebrows are scorched.

~ Taglines by Taglinator - www.srtware.com ~