Re: [cpx] Vanity Domain / E-mail Only

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006, Scott Wiersdorf wrote:

On Wed, Feb 15, 2006 at 06:33:49AM -0700, Jonathan Duncan wrote:
But, adding a domain currently also sets up a virtual host and all the
files and directories and httpd.conf settings that go a long with that.
What if I my user just wants an e-mail account for his domain?  No web
site.

Set the domain up under the server admin, and create them as a
mail-only end user. Although there will be an entry in httpd.conf, if
the domain's A record points elsewhere, it won't affect your server
(i.e., your server won't be handling web requests for that domain).

In the works is a more flexible design that would allow you to split
those two services (mail hosting vs web hosting) more cleanly.

Scott

Ok, I will just keep doing it command line for now.

Thanks,
Jonathan