Re: [cpx] Web Mail status?

On Fri, Dec 16, 2005 at 10:16:10AM -0500, Bill Meier wrote:

> This incoming email formatted with nested tables but at least no
> CSS.... I guess that might be more on the more complicated things,
> but these days a lot of email (like web pages) is laid out using
> tables (and embedded images). Perhaps at the moment that is pushing
> things a little...
>
> Request of course would be for more complete HTML support, or at
> least a list of known tags (or general constructs) that aren't fully
> supported. That would be a great help. Is there any CSS support?

CSS is not currently supported, but probably could be (after a
security review). Images are not enabled at all (at least for now)
except as attachments.

> I'll try some examples of
>
> text/plain  only
> multipart text/plain & text/html
> text/html  only

These work for all cases we've seen. If you find an email that should
render in webmail but doesn't, send it along (preferably as a gzip'd
attachment).

> from simple to a little more complex, and give some more specific
> examples.

Let me know what you find. We support the tags listed below:

br
em
strong
dfn
code
samp
kbd
var
cite
abbr
acronym
blockquote
sub
sup
tt
big
small
strike
font
table
caption
colgroup
col
thead
tfoot
tbody
tr
th
td
ins
del
h1
h2
h3
h4
h5
h6
div
span
ul
ol
li
dl
dt
dd
address
hr
pre
center
nobr
img

But, you'll notice, not all tag attributes are supported for security
(such as the img tag's 'src' attribute).

Here are the supported img attributes:

alt
width
height