Re: [cpx] File Manager Questions

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005, Scott Wiersdorf wrote:

On Wed, Dec 14, 2005 at 02:24:39PM -0700, Jonathan Duncan wrote:

I hearby officially request that fileman privs be allowed with the FTP OR
Shell box checked.

Or neither. I don't see why a shell should be necessary to have
filemanager either. I think it should be independent of everything,
since it's a CPX-only feature anyway.

Scott

That is what I was thinking. It is all being done over HTTP and there is no need for FTP or SSH at all in order to do that. SSL covers HTTP for security.

Was the decision made perhaps based on the fact that FTP checks for quota's? I would think that CPX could check for quota's for the file management.

Ok, I amend my official request that we be able to assign fileman privs without FTP or Shell checked.

Thanks,
Jonathan