Re: [cpx] - ftp account created by domain admin

At 09:17 AM 05/04/2005, you wrote:
if you want to be CPX compliant they have to change the way we create sub account. If not how will you add the alias in httpd.conf to go in the right dir ?

Well, I think you are "allowed" to edit httpd.conf and add directives in the virtual host section. Just don't muck with ones that CPX uses... Obviously if you put in some Redirect directives, CPX isn't going to mess with them, and adding those doesn't

    ## this set of directives is automatically managed by the cpx vinstall.
    ## If you break this seal, your warranty is void.

as the comments in the file say... ;-)

let's see if Scott can enlighten us on this :)

I do think the model of a directory per user is perfectly valid. This is how all ISP's give you your web space...

        www.theredomain.com/yourname

or something... If I can use CPX with a few symlinks or redirects, I think that is "proper" use of CPX?Of course, when I add a user, CPX isn't going to make those links for me, but just because it doesn't, shouldn't stop me from doing it? Nor voiding my CPX warranty ;-)

Bill