Re: [cpx] How fast? Who does what?

At 05:15 PM 05/03/2005, you wrote:
> I have some domains for example
>         insulators.com : has 13,352 files
>         myinsulators.com : has 27,556 files
>
> Would that affect CPX startup time? That is only an example of a couple of
> my domains, but those are the domains with the most number of files.

Ah ha. This makes more sense. That's a lot of files, and yes, there is an open bug on CPX when an account has a very large number of files (like yours).

Perhaps some progress here? I didn't include stats for a third domain
        pictures.insulators.com : has 20,416 files

So with those three, we are now up over 60,000 files... Perhaps there is some hope of reproducing this?

(although I have heard reports that Verio support and perhaps you too, have not been able to reproduce this, when accessing my server, which completely perplexes me...)

Also, some of my domains are owned by www ... In setting them up, they were very complex, and I didn't want to risk not installing them in /www/vhosts like they were on my previous server.... insulators.com and pictures.insulators.com are those domains.

crecom ~# quota -v www
Disk quotas for user www (uid 80):
Filesystem usage quota limit grace files quota limit grace
              /  774566       0       0           36707       0       0

My account also has a lot:

crecom # quota -v bill196
Disk quotas for user bill196 (uid 1007):
Filesystem usage quota limit grace files quota limit grace
              /  240464 2048000 2048000           26821       0       0

Here is a list of the top 25 users file counts: reported by quota -v (I removed root from the list)

    36707
    26821
     8098
     3471
     2301
     2075
     2048
     1618
     1543
     1532
     1125
     1000
      879
      808
      755
      714
      689
      657
      619
      591
      513
      511
      510
      459
      435

The sum of all the files on the server is 99,706 ... that impact startup and cause a timeout? (after 60 seconds)

p.s. If you are interested, I would appreciate it if you could log into my server. I would be very grateful for one test. Email me privately for password. In the past, support said they could not reproduce the problem... and I am trying desperately to get some help on this

Thanks,

Bill