Re: [cpx] How fast? Who does what?

On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 05:06:43PM -0400, Bill Meier wrote:
> I see "du" commands running... doesn't this require scanning every file?
>
> I have some domains for example
>         insulators.com : has 13,352 files
>         myinsulators.com : has 27,556 files
>
> Would that affect CPX startup time? That is only an example of a couple of
> my domains, but those are the domains with the most number of files.

Ah ha. This makes more sense. That's a lot of files, and yes, there
is an open bug on CPX when an account has a very large number of files
(like yours).

> (this may not be the most efficient, but I did a
>         find . | wc

That's probably accurate enough. You can also do:

  quota -v username

for each of the domain admins of those accounts to get a file count.

scottw@xxxxxxxxxxxx