Re: [vps2] [cpx] - neat quota related story

	I think what would have to happen is that end users are created
as members of a "domaingroup" instead of each to their own group.  Then
if that's the user's default group I believe any new files would
naturally belong to username:domaingroup (?).

sure, i that what is had in mind, i think it will work. This left just one issue with the www group. As the file to be "browsable" should be in the www group then you have the choice of adding www to the site's group but then the quota will not work as www own every file uploaded using php for exemple. Next solution is to allow everyone to read your www files and use php openbasedir to prevent any access to other directory.

There should be a way to do that.

This is how we had been
doing things pre-CPX.  The only reason I can think of not to is the
potential for one end user to read another end user's files if the group
has read permissions.  That end user would have to have SSH or FTP
access however.

yes Steve, ssh acces can then be an issue but i do not think a lot of people use it anyway for their end users,
ftp will not be a problem since users are chrooted to their home directory.

Ghislain ADNET.
AQUEOS.
--

AQUEOS - Service Informatique