[cpx] - neat quota related story

Hi Everyone,

sorry for the cross post but this belong really to the two :)

 I wanted to have your point of view on a feature i like to see on the CPX.

I have understood that the CPX use the following logic for quotas (correct me if i am wrong):

Give domain admin XX quota

The domain admin can give Y+Z+E+R quota to his users as long as they fit into XX so

Y+Z+E+R <= XX

Seems logical BUT

Here is a simple situation, i have a customer with a big number of pop account with size going from 0 to 1MO of mail most of the time. If i want him to be able to receive a 5Mo email on a mail box i MUST give to individual pop 6Mo at least and allow the domain admin to have "nb of mailboxes" x 6Mo This mean the domain admin must have an ennormous quota and that he can own the VPS if he fills them up.

What would be great is to have the possibility to have a GLOBAL quota limit, for exemple domain admin would allow virtual quota to their mailbox BUT the VPS will enforce a global quota.

Say i have 50 mailboxes of 5Mo = 250Mo, this is the virtual quota. I want also to limit the overall quota to 100 Mo. This way he can allocate mailboxes for 250Mo but they cannot fill up to more than 100Mo in total.

So account quota X+Y+T+E =< XX admin quota but account CONTENT x+y+t+e =< YY virtual admin quota.

 I think this can be done with group quota i think.

The strict quota setting is logical in mathematical view of the hosting but the virtual quota view make sense in the business logic. Basically you can tell him this way that he can have as many pop as he want (up to xx limited in the cp) but they will never be able to be filled in TOTAL with more than X Mo with the added value that he can also limit each individual mailbox to a certain amount. This can be a real cool thing in my point of view.

 What do reseller think of this ?

best regards,
Ghislain.

--