Re: [cpx] New vinstall

On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 08:14:24PM +0100, ADNET Ghislain wrote:

> >But that doesn't tell me *what* *changed*, only that there is a new
> >vinstall file.
> >
> >   -- Art Z.
> >
> yes but then you can ask Scott about it ;p

Bah. You guys weary me. :) Here's a brief (and I will not explain
these) list of changes over the past several months. Some are kind of
technical, some are merely cosmetic:

  ----------------------------
  revision 1.38
  - remove Perl environment variables from httpd.conf
  ----------------------------
  revision 1.37
  changeup of the post-install instructions for dealing with perl upgrade
  ----------------------------
  revision 1.36
  add some more text to post install comments.
  ----------------------------
  revision 1.35
  be more critical of what is in /etc/mail/local-host-names
  ----------------------------
  revision 1.33
  fixes a wierd error when perl5.8.4 is installed but not linked to 'perl'
  ----------------------------
  revision 1.32
  provide exit text if the user did not type 'yes'
  ----------------------------
  revision 1.31
  quiet down the perl upgrade process somewhat...
  ----------------------------
  revision 1.30
  moved the nag text out of the BEGIN block but right after it.
  moved the savelogs install into the vinstall so call it now..
  ----------------------------
  revision 1.29
  - Add a nag screen for installation on existing accounts.
  - changed ' to " in the perl block to ensure proper interpolation
  - changeup when the cf files are regenerated.
  - add a virtusertable and genericstable entry for www (for shopsite & formmail)
  ----------------------------
  revision 1.28
  - do some cleanup of the %users hash in case the group file isn't clean.
  - reuse existing $users scalar.
  ----------------------------
  revision 1.27
  fix the regex that keeps the vinstall from adding the genericstable lines
  to the freebsd.submit.mc file multiple times
  add each mailuser to the genericstable @ the primary domain
  ----------------------------
  revision 1.26
  added genericstable support for if they broke the virtlink
  misc formating changes
  added paths to grep system calls
  added some support for quieting output is non-interactive (will need some more work to be
  completely quiet)
  ----------------------------
  revision 1.25
  ensure the existing mail users are given the capabilities for clamav & SA
  consolidate 2 loops into one.
  enable short-circuit on user configuration if $HOME/.cpx exists
  turn on the spinner for the external vinstalls..
  ----------------------------
  revision 1.24
  deal with the possibility of a non-standard home dir location
  ----------------------------
  revision 1.23
  create mail users $HOME/Mail dir if it doesnt exist.
  revision 1.22
  add a path to the apachectl cmd.

These only affect the installer itself, as I said earlier. Maybe
there's something here you've been looking for.

In the future, we're working on a better mechanism for this. We have
to finish up a few other projects in the meantime, though.

scottw@xxxxxxxxxxxx

scottw@xxxxxxxxxxxx