Re: [cpx] New vinstall

On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 11:46:52AM -0600, Steve Yates wrote:
> -rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  13029 Jan 24 18:13 ./cpx.install
>
> In a case like this where a new vinstall is distributed do we need to
> install it?  I know in other cases (e.g. MySQL, ClamAV) the installed
> program is not automatically updated with the upgraded version of the
> software.  I also seem to recall some vinstall scripts being tweaked
> without a new "version" being issued...

You don't need to re-install (as a rule). Updates to the vinstall are
typically going to be bug fixes to the installer itself. Updates to
CPX are pushed out automatically independent of the vinstall. New
major features to cpx will usually be preceeded by some kind of notice
(or, the feature will have to be enabled to be active and visible, for
example).

<scott@xxxxxxxxxxxx>