To: <cpx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2005 2:30 PM
Subject: Re: [cpx] cpx and apache

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 13:50:03 -0500
"Jonathan Linowes" <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

A. on domains that use the cms, add an A record so its accessed via cpx.mydomain.com

B. on domains that don't use the cms, access control panel the normal way (mydomain.com/ControlPanel).

I think you'll need to create a /ControlPanel entry in each
vhost entry for item B.  For item A you might consider something like
this:

<VirtualHost 11.22.33.44:80>
DocumentRoot /home/something/www/htdocs
ServerName cpx.serverdomain.com
ServerAlias cpx.*
(add /ControlPanel entry here)
</VirtualHost>

The cpx.* will enable it for all domains on the server and you don't
have to remember to add another entry later to handle future new vhosts.

- Steve Yates
- ITS, Inc.
- Linux: because rebooting is for adding new hardware.

~ Taglines by Taglinator - www.srtware.com ~