[cpx] cpx and apache

Hi,
I had to disable cpx after moving to my new vps 2 server because some of my sites use cms application with "short url's" (eg. mydomain.com/index.php/new/ ) and this apparently was severely interfering with cpx (eg. mydomain.com/ControlPanel). So I commented out the cpx stuff from the httpd.conf file

Now that I've confirmed that was the problem, I want to re-enable the Control Panel. I'm not an apache expert. What I'd like to do is:

A. on domains that use the cms, add an A record so its accessed via cpx.mydomain.com

B. on domains that don't use the cms, access control panel the normal way (mydomain.com/ControlPanel).

I assume all of this can be done in the httpd.conf file (after I add the A record to the domains that need cpx. )

thanks in advance,

Jonathan