Re: [cpx] CPX install feedback/issues

On Thu, January 6, 2005 8:26 pm, Steve Yates said:
> On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 12:04:24 -0500 (EST)
> "Bennett Lanford" <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Next, a "make install" will copy the <hostname>.cf to sendmail.cf
>
> 	Oh.  :)  Hmm, then Webmin must short circuit that and generate
> sendmail.* directly.

It's quite possible. (I've never used Webmin to configure sendmail. I'm
always suspicious of tools that mess with sendmail.cf directly ... without
using an mc file.)

BTW, Has anyone else noticed in the past month or two that whenever you
use "make" to generate your cf file from the mc file on VPS2, it appends
the original mc file (used to generate the cf file) to the end of the cf
file--commented out? Now if I accidentally nuke my mc file, I can generate
the "original" by copying the cf file to a new mc file, then editing the
mc file and deleting all the lines up to where the mc file starts (with
the VERSIONID line in my mc file), then removing the "# " at the beginning
of all the lines in the rest of the file ... and the original mc file is
restored. (Cool, in my opinion ...)

--
Bennett Lanford <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

There are 10 kinds of people: those that understand binary and those that
don't.