Re: [cpx] CPX install feedback/issues

Steve Yates wrote:

>2) CPX created in /etc/mail a new set of serverhostname.cf/.mc files, in
>addition to the existing sendmail.cf.  Why? (curious) They're both time
>stamped and sized the same, which one is being used?

The above is standard behavior in FreeBSD. The first time you issue "make"
in the /etc/mail directory, the cf/mc files that begin "freebsd" are
copied to <hostname>.cf/mc. The idea is that you should modify the mc
files that begin with <hostname>. Then, the next "make" will generate a
<hostname>.cf file.

Next, a "make install" will copy the <hostname>.cf to sendmail.cf

Finally, a "make restart" will restart the sendmail daemons (causing them
to re-read the sendmail.cf and submit.cf files).

(I glossed over the submit.cf and its source files, but they work the same
way.)

I'm glad that CPX is using the standard FreeBSD commands for modifying the
cf files. (When I install CPX, it won't mess up my cf files!)

Ben

--
Bennett Lanford <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

There are 10 kinds of people: those that understand binary and those that
don't.