Re: [cpx] After install, perl cannot find DBI.pm

On Thu, Dec 30, 2004 at 03:00:24PM -0600, Jerry Gapinski - Acuity Creative wrote:
> Hi
>
> I install CPX last night successfully. Today I am try to run a script
> written in perl that requires DBI.
>
> How do I install DBI.pm?

If you have already installed DBI, you can use the full Perl name that
DBI was installed under (e.g., 5.6.1):

  #!/usr/local/bin/perl5.6.1 -w

If you haven't installed DBI yet, and want to use the default Perl,
you can use CPAN:

  # perl -MCPAN -e 'install DBI'

or ports:

  # cd /usr/ports/database/p5-DBI
  # make install

The CPAN way is generally cleaner, imo. That's the method I always
use. The ports way sometimes doesn't figure out the right Perl paths,
especially with man pages, but for tricky Perl modules, it can work
better than CPAN (I use it when CPAN fails).

<scott@xxxxxxxxxxxx>