Re: [cpx] DA -- allow to disable a domain.

At 03:57 PM 12/7/2004 -0500, you wrote:

Scott,

Do you have compelling arguments that the DA needs this ability? I'm
happy to discuss them.

Yes. Many web designers host their customer domains under their own account. When one of their customers does not pay them, having the ability to "disable" that domain is a major plus. The DA would not, under normal situations, disable "their own" domain. (it would have to be classified as an oops, if it even happened) Just the domain of the nonpaying customer. Having that ability will empower the DA to more fully control those domains that they are hosting under their account.

The SA is me. The DA is the customer. Letting them more fully control the domains hosted in their account will allow them more control over their hosted domains.

I don't have this need and Scott outlined the risks well. In James' situation it sounds useful, but maybe it could be a SA option to allow/not allow this power for a domain/DA?

Andy

James

Stormer Hosting
http://www.stormerhosting.com