Re: [cpx] domain admin's domain

On Tue, Nov 16, 2004 at 09:23:47AM -0700, Mark A. Sharkey wrote:
> If you have created a domain admin for a specific domain, and then later
> delete that domain, the domain admin is reassociated with the hostname
> for the server.

This is by design--the pool of potential domain admins (as found in
the "select domain admin" dropdown list) are selected from the users
that the server admin creates directly. That is, users whose "domain"
is the server hostname may become domain admins. Once those users no
longer have domains associated with them, they will return to be just
plain old end users of the server admin (but may become domain admins
again someday).

> I think it would be more appropriate to put something to the effect of
> "no domains associated with user" as it would be less confusing for both
> the server and domain admins.  Or, configure the scripting so that when
> the last domain for a domain admin was deleted, the domain admin was
> deleted as well.

I don't think we'd ever delete a domain admin because they no longer
administer domains, but we would consider something to the "no domains
associated with user" effect. In the meantime, think of any end user
in the server hostname domain as a candidate for domain admin.

Hth,

scottw@xxxxxxxxxxxx