Sent: Friday, June 10, 2011 4:56 PM
To: cpx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [cpx] CPX slow showing user list - fixes?

We recently moved approximately 670 users from an old VPS2 Pro Plus account to a new VPS3 Pro Plus account. After that, the client complained that CPX was taking a long time to display the user list...around 2 minutes instead of 5-15 seconds on the VPS2. We found two things that seemed to help:

1) I added user quotas to all users, which seemed to reduce the load time to consistently around 1 minute.

2) Today the client started cleaning out old/inactive user accounts and noticed that by the time he got down to 630, CPX's response is fast again...around 5 seconds to display the user list at first login.

We don't know if that means there was a particular user account that was causing problems, or if 630 or 650 or whatever is a magic number for CPX, but it's fast now. I thought any CPX developers on this list might want to know, and/or take a look at the server to see what changed today (case IDS-13688176 for details).

- Steve Yates
- ITS, Inc.
- Teamwork is essential - it allows you to blame someone else.

~ Taglines by Taglinator: www.srtware.com ~