Re: [cpx] tech support and CPX issues - cross post

Hello Suzanne,

> Verio, if you are listening - it would be helpful to have a place in
> the back room listing these known problems and tracking what is being
> done to fix them.

Verio is listening. They are working to roll out new support systems and services and are investing big bucks to do so.

If you recall, Verio produced a Webinar several months ago outlining the major steps they are taking to upgrade their support services.

http://www.verio.com/files/webinars/120809/

Transitioning to a new support system, especially when you consider the magnitude of Verio's operation, will invariably involve some bumps along the way. We have confidence in the directions Verio is going and believe the future looks bright.

Cheers,
Uwe Schneider

suzanne newman wrote:
I have been experiencing this problem since November on various Linux VPS
servers. The problem, as explained to me is that on reboot, dovecot does not
start up. Mail comes into the server, but does not get placed into the
mailboxes. I was told (in November 09) that this is a known problem and that
a permanent fix was being worked on.

When this problem happens (so far 7 times on 4 different servers) I call in
with the same case number so there is a record of how many times this has
happened. I have not had a problem with tech support on this.

Verio, if you are listening - it would be helpful to have a place in the
back room listing these known problems and tracking what is being done to
fix them. This would be helpful to resellers, as well as to tech support, so
we don't all go crazy trying to figure it out. A documented known problem
with a known fix (even if short term) would take less tech support time.
Also, a documented list of things to be fixed would help these problems not
fall through the cracks - maybe even, a person could be assigned to oversee
this list.

Suzanne