Re: [cpx] php security IMPORTANT

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 02:56:21PM -0500, Stormer's Cgi-Archive wrote:

> Subject: Re: [cpx] php security IMPORTANT
>
> I will second this notion... in my opinion it should be the defacto
> standard...  all domain admins and domains added should be setup with
> this security in mind.  (yes, without us having to go in and manually
> follow protracted steps to run php as a cgi.)
>
> James

James, Ghislain,

E-mail me off list what you want included and I'll drop it into
vaddhost (which is what CPX ultimately uses to add new domain
names).  I'm already going to be in there today or tomorrow, so
the timing works out perfectly.

Thanks in advance.

cheers.

--rus.

> On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 8:54 AM, Ghislain <gadnet@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > hi,
> >
> >  we see more and more hack of websites on vps because of bad
> > programming. The issue is that every control panel restrict php to the
> > website directory with open basedir restriction but the cpx does not.
> > This lead to situation where one site is compromised and where hackers
> > get access to alll the server. It would be really really important to
> > have the option of securing php on the vhosts. This become really
> > important to us.
> >
> >  Is there any way to customize the template used by the cpx to create a
> > vhost ? this really would e a killer  feature. :)
> >
> > --
> >
> > Cordialement,
> > Ghislain ADNET.
> > AQUEOS.
> >
> > Pour toute demande merci de passer par le site de contact et support: https://support.aqueos.net.
> >
> > Les demandes par email doivent etre envoyées a support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ET comporter une des mentions suivante en debut de sujet:
> >  AQ-VPS ou AQ-MPS  pour les mails concernant les vps ou mps
> >  AQ-SERVEUR pour les mails concernant les dédiés
> >  AQ-CONTACT pour les mails de contact commercial
> >

> --
>
> Stormer's Cgi-Archive
> http://www.stormer.org

> This is <cpx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>      <http://www.groupmail.org/lists/cpx/>
> Before posting a question, please search the archives (see above URL).

Rus Berrett                                                    NTT/Verio
                 See Perl. See Perl Run. Run Perl, Run!