RE: [cpx] Adding a domain to /www/conf (migrating vps2 -> vps3)

Fred Bloggs wrote on 3/13/2008 6:06:16 AM:

> If anybody of the CPX team is reading this... why is there not a
simple
> add domain function, that adds a domain, but not as a virtual host?
> Surely I'm not the only one, with multiple domains, aimed at
/www/htdocs?

	You can add domains to a virtual host on the "Other Domain
Aliases" line in the domain properties.  I vaguely recall if a domain is
added to /etc/mail/local-host-names that it is available in CPX but I'm
not positive.

	You can change the hostname of the new servers to be the real
domain, as well.  The down side is that mail generated on the new server
will not leave, because Sendmail "knows" that mail for that domain
should be delivered locally.

	Does ViaVerio still provide the free month?  I just set up a new
server a couple weeks ago and don't think they did that...?

 - Steve Yates
 - ITS, Inc.
 - Sci-Fi Survival Tip: Never play God, even if you are one.

~ Taglines by Taglinator - www.srtware.com ~