[cpx] Some major miracle -- but still problems... replacing cpx.conf?

Well, by some miracle /backup did have a cpx.conf ... which I think has all my changes... and all the users...

Now, I copy that into /usr/local/etc and run CPX, and I try to list the users, and there are none. I exit CPX, and all the users are GONE from cpx.conf...

If there is some trick to replacing the cpx.conf please let me know... I'm desperate!

Bill