Re: [cpx] VPSv3 down again - warning angry rant within

Hi Brian,

I'm sure Verio would let you setup an extra vps3 (1 month free anyway), and let you monitor if this one's Apche fails.

We have quite a few vps3 accounts now, and don't have any scripts checking apache + restarting... I have not yet seen an apache instance die yet...

regards,

Fred

I have a recurring problem with the VPSv3. For some reason Apache just
simply stops working. Sometimes all services stop - like the last time even
SSH quit responding. The server has only a few underutilized accounts on it
so it is not the use of the server that is causing this.

I am no Unix GURU, but I have used the VPS and iServer/Verio for years
because it has been reliable. I no longer trust the VPSv3 and I am going to
take any/all accounts off of it and ask for a full refund for my troubles
(This has been going on since April).

Nobody else on providertalk seems to have this trouble with the VPSv3,
either that or you are all running scripts that restart processes when they
fail. If so I would appreciate some suggestions about those.

I don't understand how Apache can just fail until someone notifies me and I
call support to kick it back on. How is that a Web server that is work
anything at all? Why do I have it?

A dedicated server with a Plesk Control Panel at RackSpace is looking better
to me all the time.

RANTING!

Brian Haines
954-434-1968