[cpx] Email address for every user in every domain on server?

I have just done my second migration to CPX, this time as the final step in
migration from a VPS1.

I double checked the virtusertable and aliases prior to install of cpx.
There were a dozen local-host-names without a catchall - I was expecting
these to be added by cpx.
Also worthy of note: each entry in the virtusertable pointed to an alias in
the aliases file.

The result after installing cpx is a massive virtusertable that maps 'every
user' to 'every domain'.
This was not the case previous to cpx.
I was expecting a 1/2 dozen catchalls to be added but not #users * #domains
entries!
Result: an email address for every user at every domain.

Can anyone suggest the cause? And/or fix (except removing each one in cpx!)

E.g. of virtusertable entries.
user1@domain1	user1
user2@domain1	user2
user3@domain1	user3