RE: [cpx] Migrating to VPS2 & CPX - how to add a domain admin?

Matt Cohen <> wrote on Wednesday, August 16, 2006 4:22 PM:

> I'm migrating a VPS1 to a VPS2 and I want to start everyone fresh and
> use CPX.  I've already imported my users and now i'm noticing that I
> don't see an easy (or any!) way to take a user that already exists
> and 'promote' them to a domain admin.
>
> I did some searching and don't see much beyond the online help in CPX
> - how do I promote someone to being a domain admin (and of course,
> later I may need to 'unpromote' someone...)

	There's not really a promotion feature, or a way within CPX to
move domains between domain admins without deleting and recreating them.
If you are OK with ignoring warnings such as

<warning>Do not edit this file directly</warning>

<g> then you can try editing /usr/local/etc/cpx.conf.  In the <domains>
tag you will see for each domain:

    <domain>
      <name>example.com</name>
      <admin>userid</admin>
(...)
    </domain>

Later under the user list you will see for each domain admin:

<user name="userid">
(...)
<domain_admin/>
<eu_capabilities>
  <mail/>
</eu_capabilities>
(...)
</user>

	You'll also need to move the web site into /home/userid/www and
change the permissions to let the new admin access the files
(userid:www), as well as change httpd.conf to the new path.  There might
be something I missed but that's the gist of it.  If it breaks, restore
your backup copy.  :)

 - Steve Yates
 - ITS, Inc.
 - Road Work Ahead.  Please.