RE: [cpx] Problem with majordom lists after CPX install

Iris Denko <> wrote on Thursday, May 11, 2006 6:23 AM:

>>> @host.serverdomain.com
>> 	What is the catchall set to in virtmaps for this domain?
>
> error:nouser User unknown

Hi Iris,

	Then if you are mailing "from" null@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, and
there is no separate virtmap or genericstable entry for that I would
expect it to fail...my understanding is that Sendmail will reject mail
addresses from addresses it "knows" do not exist.

	You may be running into the new usage of the genericstable
file...if memory served there was a discussion a long time ago here
about how that was always "supposed" to be used but iManager and other
tools didn't really set it up correctly.  I think it maps user logins to
e-mail addresses, as opposed to mapping e-mail addresses to user
mailboxes.  See #6 here:
http://www.sendmail.org/tips/virtual-hosting.html

 - Steve Yates
 - ITS, Inc.
 - Press to test.  <Click>.  Release to detonate.

~ Taglines by Taglinator 4 - www.srtware.com ~