RE: [cpx] support for 1500 email users

Jonathan Linowes <> wrote on Monday, March 13, 2006 10:11 PM:

> I have an opportunity to bid on a project that involves supporting
about
> 1500 email accounts.
> Roughly if I assume about 40mb mailboxes that's a minimum 60gb
requirement,

	Yeah, it's a major difference if they use POP or WebMail, too.

> Is MPS + CPX robust enough to handle this volume, both from end users
and
> administration?

	We don't have a server that big, but with the latest update a
few months back combined with the memory upgrade CPX is way faster now.
If they weren't on the same domain you could split one group onto
another server if necessary.  Possibly offload clamd and/or spamd too
onto another server if you run those (though I suppose that breaks the
"CPX way" with the checkboxes there in the control panel).

 - Steve Yates
 - ITS, Inc.
 - A single fact can spoil a good argument.

~ Taglines by Taglinator 4 - www.srtware.com ~