[cpx] Re: [vps2] How about grouping all Verio suggestions and requests?

Fred Bloggs ha scritto:
Hey guys,

Sorry for this cross post.

I suppose we've all noticed that we're all kind of on one line when it comes to things we think Verio should offer us resellers. Recently we have seen quite a few CPX/Backroom issues/requests and "hey let's all suggest/demand this".

Somehow, I think in stead of us all blasting requests at Verio (and at this list) it would be wise to collect all requests and hand them in together.

I'm sure Verio would rather spend time on one good documented request summary, than dealing with a load of requests that are all slightly different. Also, once it is documented Verio should be able to give us a well structured response and a timeline in which they think what could be possible.

So far I have seen the following requests (I'm sure I've missed a few):

1. Backroom

1.1.1 DNS TTL modification, incl the option to modify TTL for a set of domains
1.1.2 DNS TXT field addition (gives us the option to offer sender id)
1.1.3 DNS predefinition (what standard records are added with each new domain)

1.2.1 Speed up domain manager page (an old and obvious issue)

1.3.1 Accountname v.s. AccountID (These get juggled all over the shop in the backroom. As we can modify account names it make much more sense to uses these in stead of the static account IDs that can loose sense as the years pass)

1.4 ?

2. CPX

2.1.1 Seperating e-mail/www quotas for domain admins (more control for virtual hosting) 2.1.2 Username prefixes for domain admins (imanagerPRO clienta_info clientb_info etc)

2.2 ?

   2.2.1  configuration of filter level for SA
   2.2.2  management of white/black lists
   2.2.3  use of bayesian classifier

Feel free to add/discuss/disagre. This is just an idea, but i'm sure if we get our act together, Verio will have to reply and show us their level of commitment. I don't doubt their commitment, but understand when stacks of requests get slung at them, they will have a hard time prioritising/sceduling etc....

Let's sort of help Verio help us,

Fred

Maurizio