RE: [cpx] Web Mail status?

ADNET Ghislain wrote on Wednesday, December 21, 2005 11:20 AM:

> thanks steve i will have to see if i can install this , the way cpx
handle
> spam and viruses is strange, to not have the option to throw them to
the
> trashcan.

	I suggested this right away, feel free to do so as well.  The
more people ask, the more likely they are to add that feature.  You can
also link each user's Quarantine to /dev/null.

	In fact for our CPX servers I have enabled ClamAV at the server
level so all e-mail is scanned and infected messages are deleted.  The
per-user setting is not used.  We have yet to have a user insist on
opening all their Quarantined messages to make sure they really do
contain viruses.  :)  ClamAV did start picking up phishing e-mails early
this year I think but again we haven't had anyone complain about a false
positive.

	POP mail clients have no way to scan the spam folder on the
server without logging in to WebMail a few times a day, so that quickly
becomes annoying to use as well, IMHO.  We've implemented SBL/XBL
checking and have steered everyone towards K9 to run on their own PC.

 - Steve Yates
 - ITS, Inc.
 - Windows for Workgroups:  Why crash just 1 window when you can crash
6?