[cpx] Re: [1-398281370] - CPX - Bugs when creating a new domain admin :

support@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hello Ghislain,

Thank you for contacting Verio Technical Support.

CPX is setup to send emails for the website contact to the domain admin. If you do not want the email to be sent to the domain admin you may manually edit this via the virtmaps. As you indicated if you use as existing address, it will be virtmapped to the domain admin user. This is unfortunately not a bug, but the way CPX was intended to function.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.
yes i really do not agree with you on that and most of my customers are falling one by one into this trap leading me to think this is counter intuitive. Each time they do that they put their curent adress in it and the cpx broke the mail. Of course this is their main mailbox and that disrupt their primary email . If you ask for a contact email you do not say :

"CHANGE any email put here to go to the domain admin"

you say

"Put here an email that will be the contact for this domain"

and this is completly different. Why should i create an email that goes into the domain admin mail box if i allready have an email, why should i create one email per website if i am the only webmaster and want to put the same email as contact for all the website ? At least it should be stated as a warning on cpx that this email will be destroyed and replaced. the only things that is here is:

Domain Contact:

so it says "give me an email where i can contact the reponsible for this domain" it does not say : any existing email put here will be destroyed and redirected to the domaine admin, if it does not exist it will be created and redirected to the domain admin ?

If not then why have a choice ? just put domainadminlogin@domain and that's it, if you ask for an email then people will put their email and the way it work will break everything. Please consider those comments and see if changing this behavior will not be a good idea...

I put this mail in cc to the cpx mailling list to have feedback from other ressellers about this particular case in parralel to your answer.

--
Cordialement,
Ghislain ADNET.