Re: [cpx] Location of cron for savelogs

On Tue, Sep 13, 2005 at 02:57:42PM -0400, Norman R. Prevett wrote:
> Hi Scott:
>
> Nothing there and I'm getting error messages from savelogs (resource
> forking etc.). Could it be Urchin 5 kicking it off? Crontab -l doesn't
> find anything for any user. Yet I'm pretty sure we've selected rotate
> and save 1 or more logs in cpx.

CPX puts all the savelogs rotation scheduling in /etc/crontab. If
yours isn't there, I don't know what could be going on. Maybe you can
grep /var/log/cron for 'savelogs' to see if it's running from there.
You should see something like this:

  Sep 13 00:00:42 yourserver /usr/sbin/cron[43276]: (root) CMD (savelogs
  --apacheconf=/www/conf/httpd.conf --apachehost=domain-admin.tld
  --postmovehook="/www/bin/apachectl graceful" --period=30
  --chown=serveradmin:)

If it doesn't show up in there, it's being run from another scheduled
program; you'll have to compare savelogs run times and /var/log/cron
to see which program might be running it.

scottw@xxxxxxxxxxxx