Re: [cpx] Changing Domain Administrators

hkonline wrote:

> I have a domain with several users under a domain administrator.  I
> would like to change the domain administrator to a new user so that
> this client can now set up multiple domains.  Is there any easy way to
> do this?
>
> Otherwise I am going to have to brute force this by creating a new
> domain admin, copying the web, log, and mail files over, then deleting
> the users and readding them.  I would really rather not do this if
> there is some other way.
>
> thanks,
>
> pat

> This is <cpx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>      <http://www.groupmail.org/lists/cpx/>
> Before posting a question, please search the archives (see above URL).

instead of copying all the stuff you can just change the home path of
the users and then issue a chown -R to adapt the rights. The wrong
things about this method is that you end with:

usera is in /home/userc
userc is in /home/usera

so this can be quite confusing in the filesystem setup.

--
Cordialement,
Ghislain ADNET.

AQUEOS - Service Informatique
1, Rue Albert Einstein
77420 Champs sur marne

Service technique :  support@xxxxxxxxxx
Service commercial :  commercial@xxxxxxxxxx
Tel : 01.64.02.99.37, Fax: 0 1.72.70.32.66